Friday, December 12, 2014

The Grooviest Covers of All Time: Ol' Groove's Fave Batman Covers

Hey, hey, hey, Groove-ophiles! As Batman 75 (three quarters of a century of the Darknight Detective, duh!) rolls on, let's dig on Ol' Groove's fave covers featuring The Batman in his own Groovy Age mag! There's a bunch of 'em, representing artists from Carmine Infantino, to Neal Adams, to Mike Kaluta, to Nick Cardy, to Jim Aparo and more! Can you stand all this cool? Sure you can, you're a Groove-ophile!!

























3 comments:

  1. That's a fine set of covers, Groove - there's some really iconic ones in there. The covers to Batman 312 and 318 caught my eye in particular, as those are the only two I actually remember pulling off of the spinner racks myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fantastic covers, I will say I'm appreciating those Nick Cardy covers more and more he had a great eye for drawing Batman's world.

    Shane G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog, but this is my first comment.

    Batman is my favorite character and that is a great collection of covers, including some that don't generally show up on those "Best of" cover lists. 227 is one of my two favorite covers, ever, probably tied with the Marshall Rogers Deadshot/Detective cover that you posted.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!